Measures to be taken by people with TB to reduce their risk for COVID-19:
- Physical distancing with home-quarantine; while at home also avoid contact with people as much as possible.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Don’t touch face, nose, eyes with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with those who are unwell.
- Strictly adhere to your TB treatment.
- Avoid hospital visits as much as possible and keep in touch with your doctor/nurse/health facility by phone.
- Use masks, and take extra caution to maintain hygiene
- Frequent disinfection of hands used surfaces, proper disposal of used tissues, etc.